I’d been nominated by kimbaclay a couple weeks ago, but I was totally lame and forgot to follow up on it (though I was super excited to be nominated at the time). Then I was nominated by cutecraftytoad, so I decided to ping them both and answer both sets of questions. Thanks to the two of you! Check out their respective blogs, for they are lovely.
The Liebster Award, as stated:
It’s an award from blogger to blogger. If nominated, you should put the Liebster Award logo on your blog; thank and tag the blog who nominated you; answer their questions and come up with new ones for your nominees; nominate blogs with less than 200 followers, and let them know you’ve nominated them and link them in your post; no tag-backs.
Now to answer questions!
kimbaclay’s questions were:
- What are you currently reading? LA Confidential and Trigger Warning.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning person. I’ve been old since I was young.
- What made you start your blog in the first place? Misery loves company!
- Do you have any hobbies other than blogging? Writing novels, going for walks in nature, reading, and watching people play video games.
- What is your top 5 films and why? 300, because it’s amazing. The Princess Bride, for similar reasons. The Big Lebowski, because of the way it elevates stoner culture to the pinnacle of zen. The Castle of Cagliostro, because it shaped my love of storytelling. The first half of the Sound of Music, because it’s great until the Nazis come to town.
- What do you value the most in the world? My family.
- Are you close with your family? See above.
- If you stumbled across a Genie and was granted 3 wishes… what would they be? For my body to be healed. For me not to be hurt anymore. For world peace!
- What do you hope people will get out of reading your blog? That pain can still be funny, and that nothing, not even pain, lasts forever.
- What does your favourite night in consist of? Hanging out with my husband and watching Netflix in our pajamas while eating fat things.
- What is your favourite beverage? Nonalcoholic? Coffee. Alcoholic? Vodka and soda.
- What made you start a blog? Again, misery loves company. And sometimes it’s better to shout out to everyone who can hear rather than write in a private journal.
- Who do you imagine is reading your blog? People like me who are injured, hurting, and sad, but who are trying to be happy.
- What is the one thing you want to achieve in 2015? I want a consistent exercise regimen again.
- What was your best memory of 2014? Buying my first house with Husband!
- What is the strangest thing that has happened to you? I honestly can’t think of an answer to this. I’ll edit this response if I figure it out.
- I have a habit of singing The Ride of the Valkyries when I’m riding my motorbike, it helps me concentrate and seems appropriate. What’s your theme tune? Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph & the Family Band.
- What motivates you?
- What would make you happiest in the world?
- What about yourself would you change?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
Wham, bam, thank you, ma’am!